Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Homemade Shanghai Mooncakes


Someone gave me some homemade mooncakes and well ahem... there goes my diet! My self discipline melted when the mooncake melted in my mouth.

If I'm not mistaken the homemade mooncake we received is the shanghai mooncake variety. Its smaller in size (thereby easing my guilty conscience somewhat) and dome shaped. Usually the shanghai mooncakes we buy at the shops has a rather hard and crispy crust but these homemade ones are rather soft and buttery. Feels rather like butter jam tarts with mooncake filling. It melts and crumbles in the mouth. I'm not sure whether its supposed to be like that but it tastes good nonetheless. Still its a wee bit too sweet for my liking. Other than that...... goodbye diet, hello fat! Luckily the mooncake festival is only a couple more weeks away. After that I can end my indulgence and its back to the exercise mat. One, two, kick left, kick right!

If anyone is interested in baking their own mooncake, here is a Mini Shanghai Mooncake recipe link. Me? I prefer to buy or better still receive them!

Popular Posts