The girl learned it at school and wanted to replicate it at home. So she taught us how to make this paper crepe craft.
This is how to make a paper crepe picture.
You will need:
1. Black Construction Paper
2. Paper Crepe 0f Various Colours
Instructions on how to make a paper crepe picture:
1. Draw a picture on a piece of black construction paper
2. Cut the paper crepe into thin strips (6 inches long and 1/2 and inch wide)
3. Roll the crepe paper into small rolls
4. Glue the rolled up crepe paper onto your picture
Thats it! You're done.
Here's the paper crepe picture of a car done by my 5 year old boy.
Here's the crepe paper picture of a peacock done by my 7 year old girl. She is really meticulous about rolling the paper and making sure its glued perfectly. So meticulous that I am afraid she has not completed her picture yet.