Today, I'm going to put the "forum" to use. I have a few questions for all parents who have sent their children to kindergarden. I was told that I had better register early (as early as one year before???), I have to choose the kindy carefully and a there is a host of other things to consider too, amongst them food, transport, safety aspects, teaching methods, teacher to student ratio etc etc (which gave me quite a scare.)
So, parents of children attending/who attended kindergarden, could you help me out here? Could you share with me......
- When did you register? (ie how many months in advance?)
- How old was your kid?
- How did you choose the kindy?
- What is your child's personality and how long did he/she take to settle down?
- Are you happy with your choice?
- Any horror/happy stories to share?
- Questions regarding kindergarden school term. See below:
I just thought of some more questions after reading through some of the comments so I shall add it here.
- When does the kindergarden term start?
- Can one send one's child mid-term?
- Would the child which starts mid-term have more difficulty adjusting since the other kids and the teachers are already familiar with each other?
Please feel free (don't be shy) to leave a long comment as it will be very useful information to me and other parents who have yet to send their child to kindergarden. My list of questions is non-exhaustive. Do share anything else that comes to your mind that I haven't listed. Thank you in advance for sharing your experience.
Or you can leave your link to your old blog post (like Elaine just did) on the subject. I will post it here for those of us which missed it. Thanks.
Pre-School - Clumsy Wife, Careless Mum
Pre-School Experiences - Our Magic Tree
Pre-School Experiences - Happy Family
My Boy First Day In Nursery - MyBabybay.Com
Pre-School - II - Clumsy Wife, Careless Mum