KidoCode

Computer Coding and Math Courses For Kids

Lorna Whiston

School Holiday Programmes At Lorna Whiston

Lorna Whiston

School Holiday Storytelling and Activities For Kids May June 2017

Wednesday, July 21, 2010



Another one going to Primary School

Today I went to register or rather confirm my boy's placing for Standard One at his sister's school. As before, I did not know how to write his Chinese name but this time I have a little helper. Yup! His sister wrote his Chinese name on the form for him. :)

How quickly the time has flown. Next year I shall be one stressed and harried mother of two Primary school children in a Chinese Primary School. Wish me luck! :P

Chinese school has not turned out to be the horrible place I had envisioned. Apart from the homework, the teachers are not the fire breathing dragons with talons that I had feared. They are hardworking, diligent and approachable, so far. I hope it will remain that way. It all remains on the teachers you get. This year my girl is fortunate to have a very kind and understanding class teacher. That really helps a lot!

The kids in her school are a happy lot who are quite disciplined. So far so good. :)

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear this and hope your 2 kids will excel in Chinese school :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fast have to go school for confirmation? I have yet to receive letter from school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Lamb,
    Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

    Montessorimum,
    Confirmation period is from 19 July till 20 Aug. I just wanted to get it out of the way. I hate filling forms. After submitting forms, I was given more forms to fill! to provide all sorts of info including vaccination history etc. Plus they also gave me some stuff for the boy to study for Linus test in February. Not yet step foot into school must start studying liao!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, next year going to be 2 in primary school...std 1 and std 2. I also not yet any confirmation yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How time flies ya.....same with me too. More homework to supervise too...:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nat,
    Std 1 and 2. My girl's classmate who is in std 2 with her has a brother and a sister in std 1. I wonder how the mum manages!

    Jess,
    Haha. Actually, now already a lot of homework even in kindy, so same same lah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One good thing is that at least you only need to go to ONE drop off place now. Good thing botht he kids are doing well in chinese school. Think I am still chicken to send my boy to chinese school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am only a yr behind u.. sigh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...