KidoCode

Computer Coding and Math Courses For Kids

Lorna Whiston

Open Day At Lorna Whiston

Lorna Whiston

School Holiday Storytelling and Activities For Kids May June 2017

Thursday, October 25, 2007



Teaching my kids the basics about colors

I was looking for some color activities to do with my kids when I chanced upon this site. Well, its part of a site actually. Its called Carmine's Introduction to Color. Cleverly presented in the format of a rhyme, it teaches kids the very basics about colors as it guides them through primary colors, secondary colors, warm colors and cool colors. It also teaches the kids how to make a tint (by adding white) or a shade (by adding black). Basic, fun and to the point. I love it. I'm going to get my kids to watch it soon especially the little one. The older one knows her colors well by now.

As I mentioned the link I just shared is just part of a site called A Lifetime of Color. I haven't had time to explore it yet but it looks like something I would want to explore because its got lesson plans, activities and games all about colors or incorporating colors. If I find anything else thats interesting, you can be sure I will share it with you my dear readers.

I usually note down these sites for my own use and easy reference and at the same time if I can share it with others too, why not? I love blogging!

4 comments:

  1. So this is the one that you mentioned previously. It will be useful for me, coz I have been wondering whether Ian is colour blind or not - until now (3yo) still struggling with colours. He is good in every other aspects except colour.
    Can I share this in my blog too?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...