My girl has been saving her ice-cream sticks to play with as well as to make some crafts. We decided to make Popsicle Stick People or Ice-Cream Sticks People because they are very easy to do and fun!
Here is what you will need to make Popsicle Stick People:
- Popsicle Sticks or Ice-Cream sticks. You don't have to buy them specially. Just save some after having enjoyed your ice-creams, wash them and keep them aside for crafts when they are dry.
- Googly Eyes. You can get these from any craft stores or some stationery or book shops may have them.
- Pen to draw in the smiley mouth for the Popsicle Stick People.
- Glue and Scissors and Tape
- Pipe Cleaners for hands or legs if you like (Ours don't have legs)
- Lots of left over materials like ribbons, flowers from old hairpins or clothing or shoes. We keep all of these for crafts and marker pens.
Here are our finished Popsicle Stick People. Tadaa....
This Popsicle Stick Rapunzel is made by my girl. Don't you think she looks glamorous with her furry scarf? Her hair, scarf and hands are made from pipe-cleaners. Her blouse and skirt are made from ribbons. The flower from her hair came from an old hair accessory. This Popsicle Stick Girl photo was taken by my girl too.
This Ice-Cream Stick Girl is made by me. She spots a red hat and a shiny red tutu. Her red tutu is made from an old Christmas Hamper ribbon. As for her hat, well, it was made from one of the petals from the flowers which also came from an old hamper, not a Christmas Hamper but a Chinese New Year one. It is useful to save this little bits and pieces for crafts. Popsicle Stick Girl's hair is made from my Cross Stitch Yarn. Err.... I think my girl's Popsicle stick girl looks nicer than mine.
The Popsicle Stick Man in the first picture is my son's. He has an afro hair style and looks like a hippy from the seventies. The boy didn't have the patience to finish his, so I had to finish his for him. I colored in the Popsicle Man's Trousers with Marker Pen to make him look more masculine instead of using cloth or ribbons.
He ended up playing with the pipe cleaners and made some specs out of them instead.
Mother and Daugther Popsicle Stick People!
So, next time you have ice-cream, remember to save the ice-cream sticks for fun crafts like this.
I will post up a homemade mini kite which we made during this school holidays next (when I can find the time).
If you like this post, please pin it. Thanks.
|How To Make Popsicle Stick People|