Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

How To Teach Children

Question Mark
I'm a disorganized person and this makes a lousy teacher. I find it so hard to teach the children.

Sometimes as I talk on and on, my son would be playing with his stationeries as I go on and then he would complain that he is hungry and then.... the list goes on.

Then I read somewhere that to make lessons interesting for children, there are more ways than one to teach. One way is to ask them to become the teacher. This makes them think and they will also enjoy playing pretend teacher.

So I tried it on the boy. I told him that he was going to be the teacher for the day and he said "Don't want like that lah." but afterwards he warmed up to the task. Before long, he was enjoying himself and really into it. After I wanted to strike off one topic as "learned", he said "No, you haven't done the exercises yet and proceeded to give me some exercises.

Then I told him that I was going to make some tea for him and he said "No, I'm busy. The teacher is very busy." I told him that he can prepare notes for his next lesson like I always do and he said okay. When I came back with his tea, I found this.


He had taken the trouble to find out all the Chinese words he needed to learn, then he looked the meaning up in the dictionary, drew a chart and told me these were for his last minute revision in class.

I must find even more innovative ways to teach children. If you have any ideas, please feel free to share.

Popular Posts