KidoCode

Computer Coding and Math Courses For Kids

Lorna Whiston

Free Trial Speech And Drama Class At Lorna Whiston

Friday, May 27, 2016



Raising Boys

The day before yesterday the boy came home with 3 seeds and told me he was going to give them to teacher for Teacher's Day.

Me: Where did you get them?

Boy: In the school field

Me: Oh. No. You can't give that to teacher. She's just going to throw them away. (thinking of all the other lovely gifts prepared and presented by moms)

Boy: They are seeds of hope (translated from Chinese). From Chapter 4 of my Chinese book.

Me: Don't give them to teacher. Its so dirty. What is she going to do with it?

Boy: Teacher said not to give her anything that will cost money.

Me: Hmm...

Next day...

Boy: Mom, I gave teacher the seeds.

Me: What did she do with it?

Boy: She put it in her pencil box. She also spoke to me for some time.

Me: What did she say to you?

Boy: She praised me.

Me: What did she praise you about?

Boy: I can't remember.

Me: So she was happy with the seeds?

Boy: Yes, I told her it was from Chapter 4 of our lesson.

Boy: See mom, I told you it was okay to give them.

Me: Ok. Ok. I trust you. That is why I didn't INSIST that you don't give them.

Few things on my mind:

  • Should I have prepared some special nice gift for teacher?
  • What did the teacher really think? Did she really like it or was she just being nice? Did she throw it in the bin right after?
  • Should I have said something more to the boy or allow him to be himself? 
  • Did I kill his joy by saying "No, it's dirty. Don't. Teacher won't like it. She'll throw it. etc.
Bringing up kids is full of crazies....


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...