Now that the UPSR results are out, it is time for everyone to make a scramble to the schools and the Jabatan Pendidikan Negeri to make appeals for transfer of schools.
This post is about the accompanying documents required for transfer of secondary school in particularly, interstate transfer (eg: transfer from Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur to Selangor). Non-interstate transfers are done online these days so this does not apply)
The transfer process is really simple. All you have to do is to GET YOUR DOCUMENTATION PREPARED IN ADVANCE so that you can save a trip. Some parents go to the counter with just items 1 and 2 below. Then they have to make a return trip which is a waste of time especially if you have to take leave from work to do so.
Here are the documents you require:
1. 5 Copies of Transfer Form *
2. Copy of UPSR Results
3. Both Parent's IC (Front and back)
4. Child's Birth Certificate & My Kid Kad or IC (Front and back)
5. Parent's Marriage Certificate
6. Utility Bill for proof of address (Electric/Water/Phone/Astro or Cukai Pintu is acceptable)
* Fill up a transfer form at the school you have been assigned to and wish to transfer out of. The school will prepare 6 copies of the form for you. They will keep 1 copy. Bring 5 copies to the Jabatan Pendidikan Negri. They will keep 4 copies and return 1 stamped copy to you to acknowledge receipt.
The following may also be required
7. Letter confirming that your child has a sibling in the school he wishes to transfer to. (This would have been prepared and passed to the sibling much earlier)
8. Court documents on childcare rights (If divorced)
9. Adoption letters (If adopted)
Bring all documents required. Once you have everything the process is very simple. They will acknowledge receipt of your documents and transfer letter and inform you of the expected date of results.
This year those transfering from Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur to Selangor should expect to know the results by 23 January 2017. You may have to start the schooling session at your assigned school first while awaiting your results. You are advised not to pay any school fees in the meantime until you know the outcome of your transfer appeal.
JABATAN PENDIDIKAN SELANGOR,
JALAN JAMBU BOL 4/3E, SEKSYEN 4,
40604 SHAH ALAM, SELANGOR
Tel: +603-5518 6500