KidoCode

Computer Coding and Math Courses For Kids

Lorna Whiston

Lorna Whiston Taman Tun

Lorna Whiston

School Holiday Storytelling and Activities For Kids May June 2017

Saturday, November 19, 2005



Mummy's Afternoon Out

Some time ago, I blogged about suffering from mommy burnout but I never really found the opportunity for a break. I found myself getting annoyed and irritable more easily as I longed for some time alone. I longed to have a slooooooooooow meal without any interuptions. So finally I called my sisters and invited them to take me out. Hahaha. (Thats the benefit of being the youngest. My sisters still regard me as such and are happy to take their little sis out on call.)

So finally, I got my afternoon break. I had "planned" with a rather mean streak to let hubby feed, bathe and nap the kids on that afternoon. After all, I "reasoned" with myself, whats a break, if I had to feed and bathe them first, then come home to two fretty kids whom I had to get to nap. Besides, I also "reasoned", theres no better way to get hubby to stop telling me to stop being so grouchy with the kids and to try to feed the picky little eaters better then allowing him to do it himself! Hehehe.

However, the plan didn't quite work out that way. Sisters were late, so I ended up feeding and bathing the kids first 'cos I didn't have the heart to carry through with my "plan". Ceh! Such cowardice. Hahaha. Actually, I think its the nurturing instinct in me that does not allow it. Whenever I leave the kids with hubby alone, I always try to make sure everything is in order before I leave. I sometimes wonder if I should just leave things as it is instead of going all out to ensure "order'.

The other thing that I wonder about is how much instructions I should give. Actually I think I should not give instructions but sometimes hubby does ask for it "If you don't tell me what to do, how am I supposed to know?" I think I went overboard with my instructions the other day though. Hubby said he wanted to take the kids out for a while because thats the easiest way to look after them. Time passes faster that way he said and I replied "Oh no please don't! I want two rested kids when I get home. Just give girl her milk and take them to the room and read to them. They are fed and clean now." (That was probably too much instructions!)

Anyway, I had a really good time. I had a sloooooow western meal with my sisters. I ate my soup, salad, main meal and desert verrrrrrrrry slooooooooooowly. Then, we went window shopping and tried out some outfits and costume jewellery to show each other. Later we pigged out some more on teh tarik and rojak buah before they dropped me home. We only managed to cover ground floor of the shopping complex and joked about meeting up again for lunch, first floor and tea another time.

When I got home, hubby was playing his computer game and kids were happily napping. I even had time to do some exercise ('cos feeling guilty from all that food) and had a rest and shower before they woke up and yes, hubby did take them out as he planned but he still managed to get them to nap. He said he expected baby to cry a little before he slept but he was so tired he just fell asleep promptly when put on hubby's chest. Hahaha.

14 comments:

  1. hehehe...curi curi blog nvm, some more blog on weekend, everyone are busy.
    but so honor wor, got first hand info :P.

    eh, have to be hard hearted a bit lar, otherwise we will be insane leh. I just threw the twins to hubby two weeks ago, and went to SIngapore visit my sis wor, and to my surprise they never miss me, I never miss them.

    buthtne hor, when hubby ask: "you don't tell me how do I know."
    I answer: "yah, I born to know all this."

    I found I getting overboard sometime :P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like you .. MG, i make sure everything done first.. and then i go out.. even if it is to the store.. for work.
    And i can't bear to leave the brat with PapaBoK.. because i know how naughty she can get at times.. so we are not so much different.. and i guess.. that must mean we are quite norm eh..??
    I'm glad you had a good time.. and time to relax.. :) it is so important ..to relax .. and do things you like.. :) i so envy you ..leh.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes going out will tire them and then they sleep easily :P but most men are like that, when it comes to their turn to jaga the baby, they'd rather take them out, just like my hubby like taking Ivan out

    ReplyDelete
  4. MG, seem like we are alike! me also tend to make sure everything done (or had given instruction to hubby)b4 leaving from hse. A bit overboard too sometimes! Until hubby said: eh, u thot only u can handle well baby ka? me speakless..

    ReplyDelete
  5. All mothers are alike! :P

    So can have more dates with your sister loh in that case!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria, "yah I born to learn all this." I think I used that line before too. Haha.

    mamabok, yah its important to relax. sometimes I think we mums have forgotten how to relax!

    sue, take out is the easy way out for them. hehe.

    jesslyn, me thinks we have to learn to let go a little bit, yes?

    jefferene, yah! yah! more dates in the pipeline. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. really all mums are the same, me too :)

    but its been long time i never take a rest and leave Xuan to my hubby liao... hmm.. *planning a holiday in my head liao*

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think all mothers need that break once in a while.

    you deserve it, so, take that break whenever you can...

    i worry if my husband can take care of the kids too. But I think they will learn if we let them do it often, don't u think so? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. *ahem... we husbands like to take the kids out one mah... don't blame us leh... coz the kids are not sticky enough to us mah... you think we want meh? :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must agree with you MG, spending some time without the kids are good and healthy. It's been a while since I sleep undisturb.

    Even when the kid is not around, I kind of have this fear or will hear his crying sound. Am I going crazy? Haha hope not.

    Ya...Welcome back!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. shiaulin, don't plan in head loh, do it! Your hubby will kill me. Hehehe.

    geetha, oh yes, they will learn and we give them too little credit, yes?

    egghead, "you think we want meh?" typical excuse. tsk. tsk. lol

    allyfeel, I can never sleep until they sleep first but Mr MG can fall asleep easily even when looking after them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. actually it's true....if you don't tell hubby what to do then how would he know what to do and how you want it done right? yea....have to tell hubby what to do nicely..and not sound so bossy! - that's the case for me...;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. sometimes we worry too much.. have to plan so many things before we even go out, and worry about how things will turn out, but actually, everything will be fine, and sometimes the kids behave better when we're not around.

    ReplyDelete
  14. mom2ashley, I'm not so sure they want us to tell them how "we want it done." hahaha. we should just leave them be to do it their own way.

    zara's mama, you're right about that, the kids usually behave better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...