KidoCode

Computer Coding and Math Courses For Kids

Lorna Whiston

Free Trial Speech And Drama Class At Lorna Whiston

Friday, June 30, 2006



Paper Plate Craft

Young kid's crafts are really very easy to do and the kids love them. With resourceful ideas easily available on the internet, it takes very little time to do some fun crafts with/for the kids to enjoy. All you need to do is stock some craft materials at home like coloured pens, glitter glue, coloured paper and the very versatile paper plate.

Here's a paper plate craft which we did recently. Its a smiling octupus. The craft idea was sourced from here. You can print out some templates for the eyes and ribbons. With no printer at home, I improvised by drawing in the eyes and mouth myself and using silver paper for the ribbons and tie from an old used party mask.

This blue one with the ribbon on top is for my girl (she insisted on blue since its her favourite colour and baby had pink instead so theres no gender stereotyping here. Hehe.)


This pink one (looks like red here) is for my boy. Its wearing a tie. "Like when daddy goes to work" says my girl.

13 comments:

  1. i remember making such crafts during primary 1 or 2. Ah, things we have to recall to teach our kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MG, u r getting more creative now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really impressive with your creative mind! bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to do lots of crafts with my boys 2 years ago. Now hardly....after a while ..got lazy! Hope your enthusiasm will last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...i like the pink one, very striking! :)You're really very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hhmmm...this must have really made ur kiddies happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. U really have a way with ur kids. How I wish I have the time to do the things with Des which u did with ur kids. I'm not dat creative and imaginative. :(

    Any books or website which u can recommend in doing such crafts? Every time I've to crack my head to come up with something new.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wah, really admire you lah! so creative. actually i also can think of things to do with my two dinos but they are too busy watching TV and fighting with eacg other. cannot sit still for more than 5 mins, how to make anything out of anything?

    ReplyDelete
  9. vien,
    I didn't have to crack my head. Now theres the internet.

    jesslyn, egghead,
    No, not creative at all. I just copied the craft idea from the link I provided. I even drew the eyes and mouth EXACTLY the same as shown on the website. Theres no creativity at all. Lol!

    magictree,
    I sure hope so too. Haha.

    blurblur,
    Those were the only coloured paper I have stocked up at home. :)

    yvy,
    Yes...for 5 minutes!

    tracy,
    Just go to google search, type "kids craft ideas" and you will have plenty to choose from!

    marsha,
    That merely took about 5 minutes and they didn't even sit down for it. They stood nearby peering over my shoulder intently while I cut the paper plate into two halfs, drew the face, cut the strips of paper, then staple, staple, staple, DONE! I think in kindy, they'd probably teach them to do it for themselves painstakingly. I didn't have the patience. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. i gotta get some tips from you when ashley gets old enough to make her own crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol. I love both octopus. What a cute & fun idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. mom2ashley,
    crazymommy (see her link on my sidebar) has lots more better ideas for crafts then me. She's really good!

    sarah's mummy,
    And its soooo easy to do too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute.. have to try it with Zara too.

    But I think she's a bit too young.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...