Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Monday, July 03, 2006

Someone stole my blog post!

I've read about many blogs which copied and paste contents which are not their own but I didn't think it would happen to me. Afterall, who would want to copy a SAHM's post? Its not like I'm writing some technical materials or techy stuff etc. I'm merely writing about my childrens' developmental stages for goodness sakes! I can't believe that even that would make me a victim of content theft.

However, this morning, I received this comment in my mail box.

I discovered this site(http://www.evelynpoh.com/?p=150#more-150) has the exactly same post as yrs- not only the favourite folders but every words. Jus wondering do you have another sister site?

I'm fuming! To this Evelyn Poh whoever you are. You are a cheapo to copy my post replace it with your own names and try to pass it off as your own! You even copied Maria's cute icon and put it in the post! (Maria, I wanted to put in the link to the post when your cute icon first appeared but I couldn't find it. Anyway, no need to put also everyone knows its yours!) I am sure the regular readers to my blog as well as Maria's Double Happiness blog will know that it is not YOUR post as they will know my writing style and know that only Maria can make such nice icons. You are committing plagiarism! Why you cannot read ah? Scroll down to the bottom of my blog. It is copyrighted ok?!!!

This is what plagiarism means in case you don't know?

According to Webster's New World Dictionary, to plagiarize is to "take the ideas, writings, etc. from another and pass them off as one's own" . When you do this, you are committing a form of academic dishonesty. In actuality, plagiarism is a type of stealing. The person whose ideas or sentences you are passing off as your own has worked hard to write down his or her ideas.

You are stealing! Do you understand that? You are not only a cheapo but a thief!

To the anonymous commenter who brought this to my attention, thank you very much. No, I do not have a sister site and I am certainly not this Evelyn Poh nor is my daughter called Shannon Joy. Its sad but when you have a public blog, this is one of the problems you face isn't it?

To Maria, whose cute icon has been stolen, I urge you to put up a similar post to expose this thief when you come back.

To my regular blog readers, here is my original blog post:

Toddler's Favourite Folder

and this is the one copied by the thief.
My Little Miracle’s Favourites .

She has copied it word for word (lock stock and barrel) accept for replacing it with some names here and there to pass it off as her own. And right at the bottom of the post you will notice Maria's cute little icon which Maria created for putting in her own blog posts. At least if you want to take it from Maria or me, have the decency to ask!

So, regular readers, tell me what you think of this person? Go on shoot! Please "scold" her for me and Maria as I am really unhappy about this! I wonder whether she copied anything else from my blog or from anyone else too but I don't have the time nor do I feel like checking it out. Sigh!

Update:

If you read this blog in the late afternoon, you probably can't find the blogger anymore. Somehow I have the uncanny feeling that she has merely moved her blog. I did a search on google and almost fainted when I saw countless of my posts, word for word in her blog! Its so scary. I feel violated, disgusted and having shivers up my spine that someone could pretend she was me.

Here are the cache's and the url to some of my old posts that she copied. There's probably lots more that I haven't found.

My old posts on:
Do you shout at your spouse in front of your kids?
Funny Things Children Say
Hidden Talent
Mooncake Festival

Cache of her blog which she has sinced removed. You can see all of my above posts in there exactly as I wrote it with some slight replacement in names. In there is another post with the title "Be Back Soon" which I clearly remembered is from Maria. Theres lots more too but I'm just posting a few.

I am shaking as I write this. She is beggining to give me the creeps. Is she sick? Is she even real? Why is she pretending to be me and Maria and others combined?

Hmmm sorry, the cache of her blog is different now and you probably cannot see those posts I mentioned in there but here's more post of mine she copied and another cache.

Paperdolls
The Best of Me

Perhaps you can find the posts above from this cache of her blog. She has called it "Childhood Toys - Paperdolls" and "The Contradictory of Me" instead.

Another update:

I think I want to cry! Some of you mentioned that you can no longer access her blog. Well, if you search the seach engines like Google or Yahoo or MSN, you can still find it in their cache for a while. While doing that I found that she had also copied a very personal post of mine which I dedicated to my hubby for our wedding anniversary. She even posted her wedding pic in the post! Please go to this url you can see many of my posts which I mentioned above there, plus the anniversary one called Happily Married, I Am.

Note: I have removed all the outward links from this post and consider the matter closed.

Popular Posts