Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Praise, Don't Nag, Praise, Don't Whine

I have read in many parenting articles that you will be more effective in getting your kids to listen to you if you praise instead of nag.

Well, I think my boy found out that the other way holds true too. You will be more effective in getting your parents to listen to you if you praise instead of whine.

Last night it was so hot, so I took out an old satin dress pyjamas to wear because it was cool. The kids looked at me in surprise.

"Mummy, is that a new pyjamas? It is very nice. I like it. I like the colour. I like the cloth. It is so smooth and it shines! Mummy, it is very nice."

Amused by such lavious praise, I gave the boy a hug and a kiss and he asked me in surprise.

"Mummy, why do you hug and kiss me?"

I told him that I was touched by his words.

A few moments later, I heard him laugh and say.

"Hahaha. I know how to make mummy not naughty."

I guess I will be hearing lots more praise from the little one each day. Lol.

Popular Posts