Kids these days are exposed to computers from a very young age. It is inevitable. We are living in a digital age. Computers and new technology is all around us. Tablet computers with its many new apps aimed at kids is a good example of how kids can use technology like the computer to learn and play.
When it comes time for your little ones to attend high school and start thinking about college, accredited online colleges is a helpful resource. It is never too early to start learning.
ARE COMPUTERS BAD FOR CHILDREN?
Computers are not bad for children. It is the use of computers without proper guidance from adults that is bad.However technology can be good or bad. It is all up to us, the parents and guardians to make sure that we make use of the computer as the useful tool that it can be to teach our kids. We should limit use for addictive games, while teaching kids to make use of the computer to learn from interactive learning sites. Learning can be just as fun as playing games.
Here are my top 3 things you can teach kids online:
- Use computer to teach kids languages. Language learning sites for kids must be colorful, fun and interactive to catch the attention as well as hold the attention of the learner. Kids can learn English, Kids can Learn Chinese and many other languages online. These are widely available on the internet.
- Kids can learn Maths Online. There are many fun and interactive Math Games for Kids online. Learning numbers need not be boring with these cool math games online.
- Kids can learn Science Online. If you want to do a home science experiment with your child but can't remember how? Don't worry. You can surf the net for all sort of fun and exciting science experiments you can do at home. These Science Games and Activities for kids are great for a rainy day at home.
You can also use the computer to find crafts to do with children. Here are some good crafts for kids resources:
- Easy Crafts for Young Children - The collection of crafts here are very easy to do for young kids. Younger children may need adult supervision but older ones can try on their own.
- Paper Crafts for Children - Paper is one of the best medium for crafts. It is both creative and cheap. Here are some paper crafts you can do at home including homemade cards, homemade bookmarks etc.
- Origami For Children - Origami is another form of creativity using paper. You can make boxes, rabbits, paper stars, origami paper fortune teller and more.
- Holiday Crafts for Children - Holiday crafts are a great way of teaching kids about different cultures and traditions while getting creative. Here is a site with some great holiday crafts.
- Simple Cross Stitch Projects for Kids - Cross stitch can help a child develop their fine motor skills. Here are some interesting tips for teaching kids how to do cross stitch and some other cross stitch for kids resources.
- Online Games for Boys - has mostly cartoon character games that boys love including Disney Mini Games, Disney Pixar Cars Games, Marvel Comic Character games and more
- Online Games for Girls Only - Hello Kitty Games, Strawberry Shortcake Games, Dora the Explorer games etc can be found here.
- Online Games for Toddlers - has game resources for very young children just learning to play with the computer.
- Ben 10 vs Ben 10 Alien Force Games - has games for all Ben 10 fans.
- Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends - is a resource for Thomas and Friends songs and wikis and all things Thomas and Friends
- Barney and Friends Online - is just right for fans of Barney the purple dinosaur and BJ and Baby Bop and Riff too.
- Captain America Games - are for Captain America fans.
- Online Stories for Children - Fairy tales, moral tales, English stories and all other interactive online stories resources can be found here. It is very comprehensive.
- Children Songs Lyrics and Music - Funny songs, Classic Children songs that you have forgotten the lyrics to, Animal Songs, and many other children songs lyrics and music resource can be found here.
Parental Guidance is very important to make the computer a friend and not a foe in your household.