Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Teaching Kids about Outer Space



Kids have a vague concept about outer space and the world beyond our world. It is not easy to teach kids about outer space. I think the closest they have got to outer space is playing with a Talking Buzz Lightyear. To infinity and beyond!

That probably sparked their interest for all things celestial, like the moon and planets. My son started to draw space rockets and space ships and astronauts soon after.

Recently, my husband bought a Star Trek motion pictures box set and we have been watching them all. I must say I enjoyed them tremendously too. My girl and boy are running around shouting "Warp Speed!" after watching the movie.

Since we are currently going To Infinity and Beyond on Warp Speed, I think it is time to teach the kids about outer space. This Astronomy For Kids website is just perfect for doing that. I think I will do a little exploration with the kids after their term tests soon. Its time to teach them some real astronomy. Sometimes, they can't differentiate between real life and fiction.

"Mummy is there such thing as Vulcan?"
"Mummy is there such thing as Pluto?"

Check out my Squidoo Lens on Science Games and Activities for kids for more Science Activities you can do with your kids during the school holidays.

Popular Posts