|Image Credit: Kids doing science experiments at Kiddo Science, Puchong|
Here's how to make a cup telephone
Things you will need:
- 2 paper cups
- 1 long string (3 meter)
- Prepare the materials needed
- Connect the two cups with a piece of string.
- With your friend talking from one end, try to hear from the other end of the cup telephone
- Jot down your observation.
- It is fun, an experiment we used to do or play when we were young
- Kids will learn that sound can produce vibration
- This experiment shows that sound travels through the string
- Life application: In today’s technology, voice travels through cables or wires like house phones
For example, which cup telephone will produce the clearest sound?
You can try this simple science experiment at home too. It is simple, fun and easy while allowing kids to learn science concepts and its life applications.
|Image Credit: Cup and String Telephone Observation Sheet From Kiddo Science, Puchong|
- Kids will learn that the tension of the string affects the quality of the outcome.