Firstly, we would like to thank Babysitting Adventures for contributing this craft idea. Babysitting Adventures was started by a teacher and babysitter who will come round to your house to do activities such as this one with your child while you go out on a date with your spouse or if you absolutely have to run an errand and can't take the little ones along.
Magnetic D.I.Y Racing Track Instructions
What You Will Need:
- Baking tray of any size
- Magnets (Malaysian parents can get them cheaply from Daiso)
- Wide mouth bottle caps (I used mini Jar caps)
- Tape and some strong glue
- Some imagination and a toddler directing you
Here Are The Instructions For A D.I.Y. Homemade Racetrack:
- Search and print out a racetrack clip art that will fit the inside of a baking tray. Laminating the picture is optional and does not affect the final outcome but will surely give your racetrack a longer life span
- Tape the printed picture firmly inside the baking tray
- Using the bottle caps as a guide, trace around it to form a circle and cut it out
- Draw a simple car and have your toddler colour it in and fit it into the bottle cap
- Using the other side of the bottle cap, glue the magnet onto the middle. You could also use double sided tape or a hot glue gun
- Flip the tray around and place the magnet behind it and your ready to race. Have your toddler pinch or hold the magnet while holding onto the tray and watch the cars zoom around the track.
|Step 5. Glue the magnet onto the other side of the bottle cap|