Getting braces for your child is quite an involved process that takes a lot of time and money. Before you do so, it may be a good idea to shop around for a good orthodontist that is not too expensive and near your house.... because you're going to need to take your child to see the orthodontist at least once a month after the braces are on to have it adjusted. So make sure you find an orthodontist that is near enough and one that you will feel comfortable visiting eg. no transportation or parking issues may help.
|Teeth Extracted For Braces|
- It is not cheap in terms of time and money.
- There may be hidden cost eg cost of tooth extraction which may not be included in the pricing
- It is a very involved process that may require you to visit the orthodontist every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Your child may have to extract teeth before the braces are put on.
- You may be charged for consultation before you decide whether to get the braces. However, sometimes this fee is deducted if you decide to continue your treatment at the orthodontist you consulted.
- The initial preparation involves taking an x-ray and mold of the teeth
- After the braces are put on, your child's teeth may hurt and he or she may have to be on a soft food diet for several days
- The initial part - teeth extraction and the first time the braces are put on, may cause a lot of discomfort for your child
- The process may take up to 2 years with monthly adjustments to the braces
- While the braces are on, your child may be required to brush his or her teeth after every meal including meals at school to prevent stains on the teeth.
- Your child will need a special orthodontic toothbrush for brushing teeth
- After the braces are removed, your child will be required to wear retainers for life.