Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Friday, January 13, 2006

About Being Happy and CNY Resolutions

A friend of mine recently said this during email exchanges with the gang about New Year wishes and greetings of happiness, good fortune, money and health etc.

".......... it's more one's perception of things than what actually is. When I was back home, I saw a family with many kids piled into a car with windows rolled down sweating away singing happily in spite of the uncomfortable conditions and a luxurious car with the family in it looking sour faced. "

How very true isn't it? Happiness is a choice. Its easy to be happy and easy to be unhappy too.

I had not blogged about any new year resolutions but I had something in mind, more or less...
I was thinking of:
  1. Listening more and complaining less
  2. Smiling more and frowning less
  3. Exercising more and eating less
  4. Praising more and criticising less (as suggested by Lian)

Well, January isn't even over and I've failed in 1 & 2 quite miserably! The only thing I've been successful at is No. 3 which probably explains the 10 pound loss I've had since I started on in in October. (I'm now about 125 pounds instead of 135 pounds and I can fit into some old clothes now if I hold my breath and stand up all day. Hahaha.) Yippee! But before I go on to cheer myself further, I should really try harder to practise 1 & 2 in my daily life and see what sort of results I get instead. Yes! Thats what I should do. A change of attitude is even better than a change of clothing size. I've really got to learn to control my temper and emotions better. Now, thats even a lot harder to do than losing weight! Ok, so now I've got my Chinese New Year resolutions since I didn't make it for the calander new year.


Popular Posts