Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Monday, January 09, 2006

This and That

On My Little Girl

Yesterday I accidentally slammed the car boot door on my little girl's index finger. Luckily accept for blue black bruises it does not look too serious. I was panic stricken when I saw her tender young fingers stuck after I had slammed the door shut and she cried out in pain and I felt really, really bad! My heart broke and the guilt! Oh the guilt! I want to kick myself! Can somebody kick me please?

On My Aged Parent

Saturday night I accompanied dad to a wedding dinner of his old friend's son. To be very honest, if dad hadn't had a stroke, I probably/might not have gone with him because it was "inconvenient" for me to go. We always take our aged parents and others for granted don't we? We take it for granted that they would always be there for us until one day, they no longer are. I sat on a table meant for other elderlies and their sons/daughters who were supposed to take them to the dinner. One chair was empty cos one daughter did not go and another son and daughter-in-law (dil) who went along did not look like they wanted to be there at all, especially the dil. She hardly smiled throughout the dinner accept to her own husband. I think that at a chinese wedding dinner when all are seated at a round table, it would be plain curtesy to at least smile at the other diners even though you don't feel like making conversation, but she didn't. Its none of my business but still its sad to realise how many of us take our aged parents for granted, and that goes for me too!

On My Little Ones

Mummy's babies, You both look so dear to me when you awaken from your sleep. That sleepyhead puzzled look just takes my breath away!

Song lyrics that touch me today.

You say you just don't see it
He says it's perfect sense
You just can't get agreement
In this present tense
We all talk a different language
Talking in defence

So we open up a quarrel
Between the present and the past
We only sacrifice the future
It's the bitterness that lasts

So Don't yield to the fortunes
You sometimes see as fate
It may have a new perspective
On a different day

And here's another .........

that if we don't see eye to eye there's something we can do

I'd start walking your way
You'd start walking mine
We'd meet in the middle
'Neath that old Georgia pine
We'd gain a lot of ground
'Cause we'd both give a little
And their ain't no road to long
When you meet in the middle

Babe I love the way we work it out
That's what love's about

Popular Posts