KidoCode

Computer Coding and Math Courses For Kids

Lorna Whiston

School Holiday Programmes At Lorna Whiston

Lorna Whiston

School Holiday Storytelling and Activities For Kids May June 2017

Monday, January 09, 2006



This and That

On My Little Girl

Yesterday I accidentally slammed the car boot door on my little girl's index finger. Luckily accept for blue black bruises it does not look too serious. I was panic stricken when I saw her tender young fingers stuck after I had slammed the door shut and she cried out in pain and I felt really, really bad! My heart broke and the guilt! Oh the guilt! I want to kick myself! Can somebody kick me please?

On My Aged Parent

Saturday night I accompanied dad to a wedding dinner of his old friend's son. To be very honest, if dad hadn't had a stroke, I probably/might not have gone with him because it was "inconvenient" for me to go. We always take our aged parents and others for granted don't we? We take it for granted that they would always be there for us until one day, they no longer are. I sat on a table meant for other elderlies and their sons/daughters who were supposed to take them to the dinner. One chair was empty cos one daughter did not go and another son and daughter-in-law (dil) who went along did not look like they wanted to be there at all, especially the dil. She hardly smiled throughout the dinner accept to her own husband. I think that at a chinese wedding dinner when all are seated at a round table, it would be plain curtesy to at least smile at the other diners even though you don't feel like making conversation, but she didn't. Its none of my business but still its sad to realise how many of us take our aged parents for granted, and that goes for me too!

On My Little Ones

Mummy's babies, You both look so dear to me when you awaken from your sleep. That sleepyhead puzzled look just takes my breath away!

Song lyrics that touch me today.

You say you just don't see it
He says it's perfect sense
You just can't get agreement
In this present tense
We all talk a different language
Talking in defence

So we open up a quarrel
Between the present and the past
We only sacrifice the future
It's the bitterness that lasts

So Don't yield to the fortunes
You sometimes see as fate
It may have a new perspective
On a different day

And here's another .........

that if we don't see eye to eye there's something we can do

I'd start walking your way
You'd start walking mine
We'd meet in the middle
'Neath that old Georgia pine
We'd gain a lot of ground
'Cause we'd both give a little
And their ain't no road to long
When you meet in the middle

Babe I love the way we work it out
That's what love's about

13 comments:

  1. aiyor... painful just by listening to it... hope your girl's finger recover fast... sayang...

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about elbow my girls countless of time? will it make you feel better?
    you made me feel very bad...
    1, i usually just tell the girls mommy is sorry elbow them or hurt them, but also tell them "stop crying lar, just anaccident." then no more sayang and pity.
    2, had some little talk with mt parent yesterday, and feel the same like you, I too take my parent for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oppps. I understand your guilt..
    Hope the finger does not hurt that much now... one little kiss on the finger ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya, I feel bad too for taking my parent for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OUUUCCHH!!!!! i accidentally slammed my car door on my dog, sydney before and she has been scared to go into the car eversince!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ya...very ouch! poor girl. did u cry? did u cry? if myself...i think i'll cry along with my girl! hehehe. hope she's better now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pity her. I would have started crying if I did that to my son.SHe must be in pain. As it is when, we (adults) got our own finger slammed by the car door, it is so painful.
    I do agree that nowadays, childrens take their parents for granted. Well, I've tried my best to convince my dad to come n stay with me since he's alone but he doesn't want to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. egghead, yes. thank goodness there is a slight gap in the boot door so its recovering well, I shudder to think of worse injury if there was no gap there.

    maria, haha. I think I haven't elbow that many times so far...

    geetha, only "one" little kiss? ;)

    jefferene, not only our parents, we often take for granted those whom are near and dear to us due to daily rind and grind.

    mom2ashley, yeah. OUCH!!!!

    miche, of course I cried! hehehe. couldn't help it, my heart was broken when I saw her in pain and it was all my fault.

    sabrina, I've had my finger slammed on before at the car door, and the fingernail turned black and dropped off! (luckily it grew back!) Sometimes, the old folks prefer their own privacy and what they've been used to, so its ok as long as we keep in touch often and make them feel welcome at our homes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch, ouch! Re the old folks one, you may want to read fishtail's book. The link is on his blog. He wrote the book about taking care of mother.

    BTW, you have been tagged!
    http://chanlilian.net/2006/01/07/nobody-tag-me-meme/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouuhhh, poor little girl. Mommy naughty!

    Kick! Kick! Kick! MG, are you feeling better after my hard kick?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what you say is so correct!

    But still with our own family and busy schedule, it's really hard to make time for our parents.. but still, not excuse huh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, yes, can identify with your guilt. Wishing her a quick recovery... and for mommy too. Thank goodness the finger isn't broken.
    Me too have been trying to be more proactive with my parents. Trying to avoid the guilt and regrets once they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 5xmom, dearie me, that means I've been tripple tagged. :P

    allyfeel, thanks for the kick. I needed that. haha.

    zara's mama, we all get up in routine and schedules don't we?

    lian, thanks. btw, your looking back posts are great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...