Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Emotional Leverage

Last night my girl tells me out of the blue "Mummy, I'm still thinking of you not feeling well." Then she makes shaking motions and an "Ugh ugh ugh" sound. I reassure her. Then I asked her daddy to talk to her and reassure her too. Then she begins to cry silent tears which turns to loud sobs.

This happened around bedtime. I try to comfort and reassure her the best I can but I also have the nagging feeling that she is using this as an emotional leverage to get what she wants. And what she wanted was not to go to bed!

It happened again today. Her grandpa and aunt came to visit. Around the time when they were leaving she mentioned about thinking about me not feeling well again and started to cry. Her tears disappear easily when I promise to play with her which is why I suspect she is now using this new found emotional leverage to get what she wants. And what she wanted this time was for her aunt and grandpa to stay longer. Sigh!

Somebody please tell me what to do. I want to reassure her because I am really afraid that she may have got the scare of her life seeing her mummy having 3 seizures all in one day but at the same time I don't want her to use this and her tears to get what she wants. Hmm.... the female species do learn from very young to use their emotions to have their way don't they?

Popular Posts