How To Make A Chinese Lantern For Kids
How To Make A Chinese Lantern For Kids - Step By Step Instructions
Paper Crafts are really easy and fun to do for kids. During Summer, you can get your kids to make a Chinese Paper Lantern, then use them to decorate your kid's room or your porch or backyard for a fun Summer party? I'm going to show you step-by-step instructions on How To Make A Chinese Lantern For Kids in this post.
During Halloween, you can turn your Chinese Paper Lantern into cute paper Jack O Lanterns for a fun craft to do with kids and an inexpensive way to decorate your home for Halloween.
This kids lantern craft is suitable for very young kids since they are very easy to make. However, for young kids, it is advisable for an adult to make the paper cuttings. Then get your child to paste the lantern together and decorate the lantern with stickers, glitters and other things your child likes.
Make a whole row of them using brightly colored paper for better effect!
Check out the list below to see what you will need to make a Chinese Paper Lantern with your child. As you can see, the list of items required to make your Chinese Paper Lantern is really basic. You don't have to get anything special.
- Colored Construction Paper (A4 size)
- Stickers, Glitters, Gems, Colored Pen or Other Decorations
This Is The Most "Complicated" Part. How To Draw The Lines Before Cutting Your Paper For Your Chinese Lantern.
Step-by-Step Instructions To Make A Chinese Paper Lantern With Kids
- Gather the items you will need to make your Chinese Paper Lantern
- Fold an A4 sized paper into half lengthwise
- Draw horizontal lines about 1 inch apart starting from the folded part upwards but not all the way to the top. Leave about 1 inch undrawn at the top
- Cut along the lines you have just drawn
- Unfold your paper
- Glue/Tape one end of the paper onto the other end forming a circle or lantern shape
- Cut another strip of paper to make a handle and glue the handle in place
- Decorate the lantern as you like
Free Paper Lantern Templates For Kids - Here are some free templates to make your Chinese Paper Lantern
Some of them come with pre-printed designs. Some are plain and has drawn in lines included so you know where to cut and then your child can add in their own design.
- Kai-lan Paper Lanterns
Enchanting lanterns are easy to make. Print the pack of designs. Choose your favorites. Then cut them out and tape them!
- Paper Lantern Craft a Printable Activity for Chinese New Year
Paper lantern craft, a printable activity suitable for Chinese New Year theme celebrations and Lantern Festival for kids.
- Free Paper Lantern Template - Plain so you can make your own design
Paper Lantern Template and Instructions Included
I was really delighted to find these cute paper Jack O Lantern Craft online. What a wonderful idea. For Halloween, you can make a paper Jack O Lantern as a craft for kids.
Turn several of your Chinese Paper Lantern into a paper Jack O Lantern for Halloween and hang them all over as a cute Halloween Decoration. It is economical too and you will have fun making them. The craft is a project created for Craftown.com by Amanda Formaro.
Craftown is a crafters resource center. Other than showing you how to turn your Chinese Paper Lantern into a Paper Jack O Lantern for Halloween, there are many more interesting Halloween Crafts you can check out.
Here are the instructions on how to make the paper Jack O Lantern you see in the picture.