The process of looking for a a 1 to 1 private home tutor or tuition teacher for your child is not easy at all.
Firstly, where do you start your search for a tuition teacher? The song "Where Do I Begin? comes to mind because that is exactly it "Where and how to find a tutor?" The focus of this post is on 1 to 1 home tutoring. We'll talk about other forms of tuition in a later post.
Where And How To Find A Tuition Teacher For Your Child
- Talk to the parents in your child's school
- Ask your child's teacher
- Post in parents groups on FB (remember to be careful about what information you post online)
- Post on forums (as above, be mindful about what you post in public)
- Ask a tutor agent
- Students or those from higher educational institutions who are awaiting their results
- Part Timers
- Full Timers
- Current or Ex-school teachers
- Interview them over the phone
- Request for a trial class if possible before you commit
- Check their qualifications (ask to view the paper qualifications)
- Check their rates against your budget
Seems like a lot of questions to ask? We believe it is important because talking to a person will give you a much better idea of their suitability so make sure you talk and ask questions. Don't worry if you can't ask them all at once. At least ask the basic which is qualifications, experience and fees.