Popular Posts

KidoCode

Computer Coding and Math Courses For Kids

Lorna Whiston

Lorna Whiston Taman Tun

Enhance Academy

English Language Courses For Young Learners

British Council Malaysia

School Holiday Programme December 2017

Thursday, June 21, 2007



Separation Anxiety has a voice

My boy is extremely "manja", in other words, clingy! He was like that from the time he was a baby. I thought that separation anxiety was just a phase that they go through but.....

When he was a baby he used to cry whenever I was out of sight. Now that he is a toddler, he tells me,

  • "Mummy, where are you? What are you doing there?" I hear this tearful voice every morning. Either this or I hear loud cries and see a little boy looking very cross and upset with me for not being by his side.
  • "Mummy, are you downstairs/upstairs? I want to go too. Or else I can't see you. I will be sad." then he puts on his sad little face
  • "Mummy, I wanna hug hug you. Little while only/long time. I wanna hug hug you because I love you." This is very touching actually. He would be very happy if I hug hug him all day long. Hahaha.

Now that he is older, he still cries whenever I am out of sight and he tells me that he will be sad if I am out of sight. He really is a super super glue!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy it.. while it last.. that's what my MIL used to tell us.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mumsgather, not sure if u have done this one. see details at: http://www.demoments.net/blog/?p=387

    ReplyDelete
  3. mamabok,
    Thats true. I always try to tell myself this too. :)

    mummy to qiqi,
    I'll check it out soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...