Popular Posts

KidoCode

Computer Coding and Math Courses For Kids

Lorna Whiston

Lorna Whiston Taman Tun

Enhance Academy

English Language Courses For Young Learners

British Council Malaysia

School Holiday Programme December 2017

Wednesday, November 07, 2007



Today's Craft: Paper Plate Duck

The kids had been pestering me to do more crafts with them so we went to the bookshop over the weekend and bought some new coloured construction papers to add to our art supplies collection. We have a cupboard just for our art supplies. We call it the craft cupboard. Whenever we want to do any craft, they will ask me to go and look in the art cupboard.

Today, they wanted to do a paper plate duck craft. This is really easy. All we needed were some paper plates and our colour construction papers. The kids traced their hands and cut them out to make the duck's tails. Then they drew in the eyes. I helped them cut out the feet and faces and stuck them onto the ducks.

Then they wanted to draw in some duck feed. (Thats what those dots on the paper plates are for in case you are wondering. Lol! The paper plate ducks can stand and rock. Cool!

For a more detailed instruction on how to make the paper plate duck, go here.

10 comments:

  1. Hi, this is my first time reading your blog and it's interesting!

    I hope to gain more tips/information about parenting from your site.

    Do drop by mine too if you are free :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ling,
    Thanks for dropping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thanks for sharing the craft. Maybe got time can try out with faythe this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. i did this before, but how did u get the duck so shiny?

    ReplyDelete
  5. THEY'RE ADORABLE!! I don't have any kids but i'll be trying this out for sure. As for the shine I believe there's a clear paint you can get at craft stores to give it a shine but i'm not positive and make sure you check on the health warnings first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the plate is yellow right??
    Nice craft! Thanks for sharing... will try with my girl one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mumsgather, that's really clever! Alas, my children are all grown up now, if not I can do that to amuse them. Well, next time I am roped in to organise children's parties, I know what to do. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's fun.. will do that with my baby when he's older

    ReplyDelete
  9. jazzmint,
    I think she will like her duck. Things they make themself is always more fun to play with......... for a while. Hehe.

    mummy to qiqi,
    Its the yellow paper plate. Hahaha.

    kidazy,
    I didn't paint it. I was lazy. So I bought yellow paper plates. :P

    shannon's mummy,
    Yes, you got that right!

    kak teh,
    Theres lots of ideas out there for children's parties on the net. I always curi these ideas for craft time with my kids. :)

    sting,
    Yes, its fun and easy and not very MESSY. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are really creative. I would not have thought of using paper plate to do craft... fantastic

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...