Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Friday, November 19, 2004

Techno Headache

My Computer is Sick. Its having numerous booting problems, system crashes and is painfully slow. My husband and I was wondering whether to upgrade to a new computer but it seems such a waste to get a new monitor, keyboard, speakers, mouse etc when they're all still working fine. So in the end we opted to upgrade the cpu, change the psu, motherboard and upgrade the operating system but of course this led to a host of other problems, teething problems from the new OS (Operating System) plus this OS does not support my existing viewcam. And we've wasted a lot of time and money too!

Help! I think I'm turning into a computer geek! The PC has become such a part of our daily lives that we feel rather lost without it. Its the first place we head to first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I feel totally lost now that I can't:
  • Check my numerous email accounts every nano second
  • Instant Message (IM) hubby to tell him about my day. Hey with two kids under 3 its the only way we manage to get any real conversation going without being interupted by a sweet little voice saying "daddy/mummy hug hug" or the wail of a crying baby. Besides we enjoy sending silly emoticons to one another and cracking stupid jokes. Its less damaging to argue too via the IM. You can always delete what you've said if it sounds too harsh ie "we can think before we say" unlike face to face where you can't "retrieve whats been uttered." IM is great. Only, I sometimes tend to complain too much about the kids. I'm not sure hubby needs a full blown account of "and then while I was bathing girl-girl, baby yelled at the top of his lungs, and then he pansai, and then she wanted biscuit and then she pansai..........."
  • post on my favourite forum MyMomsBest (Hehe)
  • check the site statistics on my personal website Mumsgather
  • email my girlfriend to chit chat about "girl stuff"

The email is also great for organising get togethers. Just press one "Send" button and everyone gets the invite at the same time.

Yesterday I lost several postings and email when my computer rebooted before I was finished and boy oh boy did that make me MAD! Help. I think I AM a computer geek!


Popular Posts