Malaysia is currently experiencing a heat wave which could last till the end of March or even longer according to news reports.
Here's what we can do as parents. We can and should educate our children on the effects of heat wave. We should also advice them on what to do.
Let's not forget to tell our kids to do the following:
- Drink more water than usual and don't wait until thirsty to drink
- Inform teacher if they feel uncomfortable or unwell in the classroom or during activities
- Make sure the kids wear light comfortable clothing at home
- Ensure that the home is cool and comfortable
- Encourage the children to take cool showers or baths
- Stay indoors on hot days
- Apply sunscreen when going outdoors
- Check local news for extreme heat alerts and safety tips
- Learn the symptoms of heat illness
Share this post with other parents you know. Sharing is caring.