Considering homeschooling in Malaysia but don't know how to go about it? The best thing is to talk to parents who have been through it. However, how do you approach these parents. You don't know of anyone personally. That is the reason for this post. You can read up from parents who have been through it. Here are some parent bloggers who have either researched on homeschooling or home schooled their kids.
- Mazlyn's Blog - In this blog post dated April 7, 2014 she talks about her research for homeschooling. At the time, she did not actually homeschool her kids but opted for the hybrid approach (I am not sure about now). Read the comments too to get an interesting view from the discussion on homeschooling in Malaysia
- Chit Chat Over Coffee blogspot - This is an excellent post dated May 9, 2012 when she pulled her child out of mainstream school at age 11 due to her dyslexia. Highly recommended to read if you are thinking of homeschooling in Malaysia. She goes on to talk about what is homeschooling, why homeschool, the legalities and implication, how to get started and more. Though just 4 months into homeschooling at the time she wrote this post, you will benefit from reading her been there done that sharing.
- Homeschooling Malaysia Wordpress Blog is by a homeschooling parent. You can read up about her homeschooling adventures and browse over to the "Why We Homeschool" tab. However, I did not link to the homepage but rather to the blog post on 5 Things To Know Before You Begin Homeschooling written on September 29, 2015 for you to get a very good insight from this homeschooling parent.
- Homeschooling Frontier - you can find lots of information on this website run by homeschooling parents. For starters, read this one on homeschooling FAQs including the concept of homeschooling, how many students are homeschooled in Malaysia, the legalities, curriculum options, challenges and more. Navigate to "My Homeschool Journey" to read the musings of the homeschooled child which links to more articles from other homeschool children.
- Hafidz FCU Malaysian Homeschooling - I've linked to the article on "Mengapakah Perlu Homeschool (1) on this family's homeschooling journey. Check out the sidebar of this blog for more links to other Malaysian Homeschooling Blogs and Muslim Homeschooling Blogs.