Earlier this week my girl brought home a book on Di Zi Gui (弟子规) and said "My teacher read from the book but I didn't understand what she was saying. I couldn't follow and didn't know which page she was at. Can you tell me what this book is about, mummy? Teacher has asked me to bring this book to school everyday."
I took a look at the book and was totally lost because it contained very difficult words. So, this clueless but resourceful mummy (Ahem -since resources are plentiful on the web) searched the internet and found the following useful explanation about Di Zi Gui to keep here for easy reference as well as to share with other parents.
- Explanation about Di Zi Gui or "Student Rules"
- English Translation for Di Zi Gui also referred to here as "Standards for a Happy Life"
- Di Zi Gui or Reading Chinese Classics Rules for Children - Has both Chinese and English translation with pictures for teaching Children. (Click on the numbers to read)
- Di Zi Gui word for word English translation and Cantonese pronounciation is given here too
- Di Zi Gui video with English translation can be found on this YouTube playlist