Popular Posts

Holiday Programmes

School Holiday Programmes Nov to Dec 2017

Enhance Academy

English Language Courses For Young Learners

British Council Malaysia

School Holiday Programme December 2017

KidoCode

Computer Coding and Math Courses For Kids

Thursday, April 23, 2015



The Visual Search Engine Tool For Educators, Teachers, Parents And Students

Yesterday I was blogging about some great visual mapping tools for students. However, this visual search tool deserves special mention. I am totally in love with this search tool. The description of this app as given in iTunes is as follows:

"Visualize the mindmap of English Wikipedia: make sense of every topic, in no time flat."

Indeed it is that and more. Let's have a look at it step by step.

Step 1: Go to LearnDiscovery and download the app from the app store link provided in the website.

Step 2: Open up the app and you will find a simple search tool as follows. Don't be fooled by its simplicity and clean looks. You are in for a nice surprise.




















Step 3: Type in your search term. I have typed in the term "Energy" and this is a list of suggested links I got. You can try with any other search term you like.


Step 4: Click on the link that best represents what you want to search for. I clicked on "Energy" and got a visual mind map of my search results.


Step 5: Now I can either double tap on any of these visuals to get more information or single tap to search deeper. I decided to tap on the "Kinetic Energy" visual and I received another mind map connected to the first. Nice!






Step 6: You can keep on doing this or if you are satisfied that you have found what you are looking for, you can double tap on it for more information. I decided to double tap the visual "Kinetic Energy" and this time I got more information in the form of text with information on the topic or video.


Step 7: If video is what you want, then click on "Video". That's what I did and I got the following. A list of videos on the subject is shown. Lovely!


A wonderful search tool for students, teachers and parents. I have a feeling I will be using this a lot from now on.

Previous post: Thinking Maps And Mind Maps For Helping Kids To Make School Notes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...