Here's how I think a Bloggers Meet differs from any other event:
- the attendees cannot decide between staying on to enjoy the party or going home early to be the first to blog about it and ping PPS
- there is more cameras in the room than at any other event. You can almost get blinded by the camera flashes as every blogger wants to take photos with every other blogger they know to post on their blogs
- by the time the news about the event comes out in the papers... its very, very, very stale, old, yesterdays news
- there is a moment of silence as the food is served as bloggers must first take photos of the food before eating for posting on their blogs
- at other events, ppl exchange name cards, bloggers exchange urls
Thats just my 2 cents to err... join in the fun at PPS. Reading about it and viewing all the pics from the various pings makes one feel like one attended. Congratulations to all the winners and congrats again to Aiz for the 2 year old PPS baby.