KidoCode

Computer Coding and Math Courses For Kids

Lorna Whiston

Free Trial Speech And Drama Class At Lorna Whiston

Tuesday, July 12, 2005



I don't want to sleep!

"Mummy, I don't want to sleep, I want to play toys."

"Mummy, I don't want to sleep, I want to read books."

"Mummy, we're not closing our eyes, open your eyes mummy!"

"Don't close your eyes, mummy."

"Mummy, we're not sleeping, we're resting only. "

"Mummy, we're not sleeping, we're pretending to sleep only."


"Mummy, wake up! wake up! The sun is out!"

Yaaaaawwwwn! This is why parents of toddlers don't get very much sleep ie because there are just too many lovely things for toddlers to learn, see, do and play, they just refuse to sleep. Top that up with another baby in the house and ...... "sleep? what is that???!!!!" Yaaaaawwwwn!

Well, I never get to sleep until both of my children sleep. Sometimes it is really tiring to hold back sleep/wait until they both fall asleep. It is even more tiring when I cannot fall sleep after they both fall asleep (knowing I've just wasted the only time/opportunity for me to sleep). I'm rambling because I'm sleepy. Yaaaaaawwwwn! Zzzzzzzzzz.............

13 comments:

  1. Haha! So charm ler, MG! I think you must be looking like a panda now. Haha! But hor, I yesterday didn't sleep for about 26 hours straight ler! :D I got a suggestion, but ONLY use it when you have no other choice. Sleeping pills~! (Did I just say that? OMG, I am a bad boy!) :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. can agreed more liao..altho baby not yet a toddler but I oledi kenot tahan..yesterday night she keep wakeup..I have no chance to sleep oso..:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. the belles will dig my eyes, or pull my eyelid until I get up *sigh*...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We prolly won't get any sleep.. till they go away for college.. hahahha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. after few months Amir has started to sleep thru the nite, i was so damn relieved. but when he fell sick and kept waking up every hour, i feel so exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a&a'smom5:53 PM, July 12, 2005

    Oh I feel ur pain MG as went thru it straight for 2.5 yrs (every single day). Don't worry there will be light at the end of the tunnel. That reminds me of the Baby Blues comic in the NST where the mom fell asleep while pressing toothpaste on her tooth brush in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jason is a bad boy.

    msau, thats why your display pic perpetually panda eyes. hehe.

    twinsmom, better not let my toddler get to know your belles. Hahaha.

    mrst, to college and beyond.

    Hazel, especially when you have to work the next day.

    a&a'smom, I've fallen asleep while expressing milk previously when baby was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a&a'smom12:46 PM, July 13, 2005

    Oh ya I too remember doing that in the bathroom at 2am in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you. I must wait all my kids sleep then i can do my thing, if i fall asleep with them i will miss all my time to do my thing :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. for these 2 weeks, my son keep waking up in the middle of the night at least 3 times...
    aiyoh..now 2 extra panda in beijing liow...
    these 2 morning he woke up at 0530...i already carrying that moment...because he:

    'daddy...'
    'daddy...'
    ‘抱。。。。’(carry....)

    everytime he mention '抱' is like a password, as i promised to him if he ask me properly i will '抱' (carry him)
    his voice is so sweet..so carry him out to living room, me lying on sofa and he playing his toy..0530!!!! ai...

    i just loaded some new video on my blog....check on him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. a&a'smom, how come you express in the bathroom at home?

    1+2mom, ya lor sleep is important to me so that means sacrificing some "me" time.

    leecs, haha your boy has you wrapped around his tiny little finger. Susah loh. Wake up at 5.30 am how to stay awake at work??? My toddler always wants hubby to carry her to sleep (even now at 3 years old). He would sing a song that starts with the words "Bows and flows...." and she always tells him "Daddy, bows and flows, daddy bows and flows" meaning she wanted to be carried and we would go "No. Bows and flows on Saturday night only." Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anyone reading this, you just must view leecs "potty walker" video. Its very very adorable and cute. Puts a smile on my face Here's the link. I repeat. Its a must see!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...