School No 1 (School in which we got placed)
- Famed Chinese School
- Brand New
- Many Facilities (almost like private school I'd say)
- Horrible Traffic
- Far from home
School No 2
- Moderate Chinese School (Not so famous but established)
- Facilities ok too
- Near home
School No 3
- Kebangsaan School (Established as well)
- Facilities not as good as School No.2 but not bad at all
- Moderately near home
- Impressed by what the head has done for the school
- Its one of the few schools which conducts a 5 period Chinese class ie 30 minutes each day. There is an in-house Chinese teacher for this purpose, lessons are incorporated into the daily time table with school tests conducted each year
Which school would you choose? We have ruled out School 1 which we have been placed by the Ministry so we will need to make an appeal. We can't decide whether to appeal to School 2 or School 3.
BTW, when appealing, if we state transportation as a reason, we're not sure whether we would be successful in the appeal. Its crazy anyway, they should have considered that in the first place and placed us in the school nearest to our home instead of one that is far.
We've met up with both heads of schools 2 and 3. Was impressed by what the head of the kebangsaan school has done for the school, his visions and missions but am worried that if the head leaves, the school will slide. In this case the captain of the ship really is very important. The ship may sink with a bad captain.
I have visited another kebangsaan school near my house before and that one gave me a scare. The facilities were poor, during recess there was not enought seats for the pupils and some of them ran and sat on the canteen floor after buying their food etc. Now if I had to choose between a Chinese school and that lepak looking kebangsaan school, it'll be easier to make a decision.
However, this other kebangsaan school that I visited which is a bit further from my home is not bad at all. It is clean and well kept and it leaves me with a good impression and feeling overall. So the choice is harder now.
Oh, btw, does anyone know whether remove class is still compulsory for Chinese and Tamil school students or has remove class been abolished?