KidoCode

Computer Coding and Math Courses For Kids

Lorna Whiston

Open Day At Lorna Whiston

Lorna Whiston

School Holiday Storytelling and Activities For Kids May June 2017

Friday, August 12, 2005



The Concept of Time

My Girl still does not fully comprehend the concept of time.

She often uses "yesterday" and "just now" to refer to a past event. The past event could be something that happened just yesterday or even last week.

However she appears to understand the future though ie she can differentiate between "afterwards" and "tomorrow" For example when I tell her "Its late. We'll play with this tomorrow." She'd say "No. No. I want to play afterwards."

Her kong kong (grandpa) says she's too smart. Hmmm... not sure if thats good or bad.

10 comments:

  1. of course is good! is never bad that a child starts to learn things :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, of course its good but when someone says another is "TOO smart" it usually has another meaning rather than plain simple "She's a smart girl." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i say .. my brat is way too smart.. i meant.. that .. she is too cute.. and too funny at the same time.. and amuses me thoroughly.
    So maybe gong-gong meant that too..??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I know what you mean. Its like when I tell someone "You're toooo funny.." I usually mean they're extremely funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Solbi-wan Kenobi3:14 PM, August 12, 2005

    One more lesson for your kids: teach them the difference between "borrow" and "lend"...

    If I hear another teenager saying something like, "you borrow me your CD, can or not?" I'll explode! LOL...

    Just one more solemn lesson for your kids: "Neither a borrower nor a lender be.." hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Errr... you borrow me your mp3 player can or not? Hehehe. Just kidding. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MG have problem to answer the girl liao muahahaha...(MG:"twinsmom, you don't laugh, wait you see...:evil smile:...")
    isabelle just learn to use because, but always nothing follow behide the "because", ask:
    "why mei mei cry?"
    "because..."
    "because what?"
    "because lor...that's why mei mei cry lor."

    ReplyDelete
  8. ummm, suzanne's five but she always refer yesterday for all of previous (from a few hours ago to a few weeks before) and tomorrow for all of future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am long for this stage to come to my boy :) no kidding cos its just too fun to hear them talk that way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. twinsmom, yah just you wait and see. You got two to answer summore. At least mine staggered. By the time my boy starts talking, I'll have his sister answer him. Hahaha.

    mrsb, but they're usually smart enuf to differentiate historical times from future times and don't mix those up. ;)

    shiaulin, every stage is fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...