To me comments are very much part of a post and I usually read the post followed by all the comments by the blog readers as well as the reply by the blogger. Comments expands on the original post and sometimes you get additional insight on the blogger's thoughts on the subject. So I would read a post from start to finish and read the comments as well before I comment. If I'm too busy to read the whole post and do speed reading by just skimming through, then I don't comment.
I like comments because they are:
- sometimes full of humour
- sometimes a serious discussion
- sometimes a heated argument.
They're all interesting to read.I don't like comments which are:
- spam (don't be too happy if you receive a comment which says "Good Post.... blah blah blah...." It is usually followed by some link inviting you to their website. And you'd probably find the same comment on just about every other blog you read.)
- comments by people who have obviously not read the whole post. Sometimes its glaringly obvious but they don't even realise it as their main aim perhaps is to comment for the sake of commenting and invite people over to read their blog in return. They would probably leave the same comment on each and every blog they visit. (Sigh! What some people would do to get some traffic.)
I don't mind comments which are:
- short and sweet, even just a smiley will do. I'm happy to acknowledge that you've taken the time to read my ramblings. I like to know whose reading my blog so don't be a silent reader. Give me a smiley!
- long and insightful. I'm happy for those too. I would never say "Hey... if you have such a long comment go write your own post and trackback to mine" No, I won't. I love comments, long or short. So, long comments are welcome on my blog too.
So, to all my blog readers and commentors, thank you for visiting my blog and thank you for all your comments. Have a nice day!
Pssst... 3 posts from me this morning. Must be the haze. (*Yah! Blame everything on the haze*)