KidoCode

Computer Coding and Math Courses For Kids

Lorna Whiston

Parent Workshop At Lorna Whiston

Lorna Whiston

School Holiday Storytelling and Activities For Kids May June 2017

Wednesday, November 08, 2006



Multilistening Skills

Mothers are not only good at multitasking, they have to be multilisteners too.

Often, I have to listen to three people speak at the same time. It goes something like this (with everone speaking simultaneously):

My Boy: Mummy, Up! Up! ........ blah, blah, blah...........

My Girl: Mummy, afterwards we play party, okay, mummy, okay? Say okay! blah, blah, blah.....

My Man: Hon, what do you think of this..........blah, blah, blah.

Its really hard to focus. After the first few lines from everyone, sometimes my mind goes blur or I tune out. (not purposely) This happens all the time, most frequently in the car. Gosh! It can get really noisy. My head is full of noise when this happens.

Mr MG always tells me to ignore the kids when I show stress or annoyance when he tries to speak to me and I can't concentrate with the kids talking to me at the same time in the background. He usually can carry on talking and tune out the background noise (of the kids talking). (but then they're not talking to him what, so of course, can lah! Hehe.)

Usually, by the time, when its all peace and quiet and I can have a little time to myself, its time to sleep! Chey!

12 comments:

  1. I can relate to that one. Hubby just complained yesterday that I don't listen to him. No time, no time, busy blogging now, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha.. I understand that.
    But my hubby understands when I ignore him to answer the kids first. After that, I would make sure I reply to him too..

    He can understand, but kids cannot.. just yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought ladies should be better at multi-tasking including multi-listening :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. huh! sorry...what did u say??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's why mommy always a SUPERWOMAN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many times, I feel like I need 3 ears, one for each kid + another for The Big Kid :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah,SUPERWOMAN indeed!. my man n i shall talk after 2 kids asleep n while me breastfeed, haaa all mouth r shut except for the bb lah

    ReplyDelete
  8. firehorse,
    And they say men are poor listeners. Hahaha.

    geetha,
    Wah, you can still hear what he is saying and reply to him afterwards ah?

    pablopabla,
    Ya lor, its double standards. We ladies blame the men for not listening to us but actually hor, we are poor listeners too. Hehe.

    mott,
    Did you say something?

    huisia,
    Hi 5! Superwoman.

    immomsdaughter,
    Me too. Me too.

    anon,
    Umm, how you all talk with mouths shut?

    ReplyDelete
  9. i also have the same problem even though I only have 1 son....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same here, but i'll call my kids stop first let daddy finish his word then he can say what he want..cause daddy talk very fast but the kids will keep talking for the whole journey in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  11. MG, I can multitask, multihear...multi everything which I won't go into. :))
    My husband can only hear one person talking at a time but I can listen to him and my daughter at the same time but my daughter does not like anyone talking when she's talking because she likes 100%. Next time, ask them to hands up for permission to talk. I'm sure your little one will enjoy that game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. channel,
    Just one is enough to cause constant interruption in your conversation with your spouse.

    1+2mom,
    I taught my girl to say "Excuse me" when she wants to butt in and she'll be shouting "Excuse me!" at the top of her voice when we are talking.

    Judy,
    See my comment to 1+2mom above. Maybe the hands up approach will be better eh?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...