These are some homebuying links I want to add to my cyber filing cabinet here for my own reference. You'll only find these real estate links useful if you're a Malaysian planning to buy or sell a property. Otherwise, give this a skip.
- BeeHomes - A simple home buying guide
- Maybank2u.com - First time buyer? Another simple guide to the house buying process
- HBA Article - "Make the right choice" contains some tips before you go house hunting
- Iproperty.com - Housing Loan FAQs
- National House Buyers Association - More Housing Loan FAQs
- KimRealty.com - More tips on buying and selling a home. Practical considerations you should know when buying or selling a house
- Property2u.com - Downloadable checklist for house hunting and moving house
- Thinking of Selling? - Choose Agent Checklist can be found here
- Malaysia Real Estate Forum - Interesting discussion on various real estate topics from Property Investment issues, S & P and Legal Issues, Financing to Security, Landscaping and Feng Shui
- Stamp Duty Calculator - Remember to sit down when you do this or you might faint!
- Loan Calculator - Find out how much you can afford.
- Shiok.com - Free Malaysia Property Online Classifieds. You can list your property here for free with up to 4 photos. Wah! Shiok man.
Just wanted to make a note here that when you're buying a secondhand property, also called a subsale, it would be necessary to do an inventory list of what you're getting together with the house (for inclusion in the sale and purchase agreement). Otherwise you may be in for a nasty surprise as "What you see may not be what you get". There has been cases of lights being removed and aircond units being changed to an older one. The world is sometimes full of selfish, unscrupulous people so it is always good to be wary.