I'm just going to take a moment here to think about what the people close to my heart wants from me.....
- more hugs and cuddles and to be carried around more - this shouldn't be too hard to do since I love to cuddle him and I better do it more before he outgrows this stage. He is getting heavier by the day.
- more interaction - he just loves it when I talk to him, look into his eyes and plays with him. I should do this more often too so that he can improve in his language skills. He is still not talking in sentences.
- more attention - she is constantly on my back calling out to me "mummy play with me". Yes, I should be paying more attention to this growing little girl and hopefully more love and attention translates to more security and confidence
- more hugs and cuddles - now that she is no longer a baby, she gets much less of this from me. A baby naturally gets more of this when you carry them around and especially when you breastfeed them. When she does get a cuddle these days, she glows and her eyes light up in delight so I must remember to do this more often
- more foot massages - this, he never gets tired off. Hmmm... come to think of it, next time when we get mad at each other, I should give him a foot massage to break the ice. Hehe. Hopefully it works and I don't cause him too much pain while at it. Lol!
- more attention - I should really listen to him better especially when he calls to chit chat with me on the way home instead of being too distracted with the kids and other things to be done around the house
- more routine and less chaos - I need to be more organised and orderly and less of a miss "kelam kabut"/"mong cha cha" (confusion). As long as we eat the same things, do the same things on certain days, and the kids are not complaining, he's happy. He's very easy to please really
And what do I want from them? More love, more smiles, more hugs and kisses and more attention too. I guess we're all the same. They say "What goes around comes around" so if "I want to receive love, I must first give out my love and reach out to those I love."
Great! I enjoyed doing this thought exercise. Now its time to implement these thoughts. :)