Just like seasonal toys, I like to do seasonal crafts with the kids. Here is one Christmas craft idea which is fun and easy to do with the kids. Its a homemade Pop-Up Christmas tree card.
Here's what you need:
- Coloured Pen
- Green Origami Paper
- Hard Cardboard Paper for the card base (I used the back of an old magazine cover or you can use an old recycled Christmas card. A red one would be nice. Just pull off the middle portion.)
View the pictures below for step-by-step instructions to make the pop-up Christmas Tree Card.
1. Supplies2. Cut your origami into this shape then make a small cut about one inch in the middle as shown
3. Fold back and forth along the lines like folding a fan
4. Separate the bottom halves along the cut
5. Paste your Origami Christmas tree on your card and have your child decorate the card with stickers.Optional:
You can ask your child to "decorate" the tree by drawing baubles and other decorations that you normally hang on a Christmas tree before you start folding. My girl drew in baubles as well as a gingerbread man but you can't see it in the picture. She was also excited to learn how to spell "Christmas" and "New Year". I find that doing crafts with the kids help them learn new words in a fun and exciting way. It also helps in their hand eye coordination as they learn to cut, fold and paste.
Tadaaa! You have yourself a nice homemade Christmas Card.
Merry Christmas everyone!