Baby has increased his vocabulary further. At 23 months, his favourite words are.......
- Dddy (daddy) - now I'm not sure why he loves to go around calling "Dddy, Dddy" but when his daddy holds out his arms to scoop him up, he runs away shaking his head vigorously. Also he refuses to call "mummy" even though he can. Naughty baby indeed!
- skud (scared) - he loves to run to me thumping his chest in fear when he hears a loud sound. This one courtesy of his sister whom he loves to copy. So everytime there is a loud sound, I would hear two little pairs of pitter patter feet running towards me.
- stuck - whenever his toys or he himself is stuck somewhere, which is often.
- no more! - at the end of any show when the credits roll or when he finishes a drink or food
- go go (mango) - when I serve him mango
- oh oh! - when he drops something, sometimes on purpose.
- nana (banana) - when I serve him bananas or when he sees some hanging in the kitchen and want some.
- kai kai - when he wants to go out, he'd run to the shoe cabinet to get his shoes. (Don't all children just love to "kai kai".)
- thow! (throw) - when he and his sister are playing their favourite game ie. throwing anything and everything around the house.
- elmo! - when he sees the little elmo that used to be a cake topping decoration. Not sure why, but he loves the little hello kitty, elmo and cookie monster cake topping decorations. Maybe cos' its easy to hold in his little hand.
- yea! (cheering) - he would cheer and clap his hands when he thinks he's done something smart! Then of course he'd be delighted if we cheer and clap along or praise him.
- cup - goes to the kitchen and point to his cup on the kitchen counter then points to the cupboard where I keep the ribena bottle.
Meantime, his sister continues to make us laugh with her words.
My Girl: Daddy, baby's toy no more battery. Please put battery!
Mr MG: Tomorrow. Tomorrow. Ok? Daddy busy doing work.
The next day.....
My Girl: Daddy, put battery for baby's toy. Its tomorrow already. (Haha. She definitely can understand the concept of time now)
And here's another one....
My Girl: Daddy, go and play with your computer.
Mr MG: Why?
My Girl: Don't disturb mummy. Mummy is busy doing work. (Mummy was busy cleaning the aircon which was leaking. Hmm....lucky Mr MG. Why don't she tell mummy to go and play with the computer instead huh?)
My Girl: And don't ask so many why, why, why! (Hahaha. She must have learned this from us!)