Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Bed Wetting Troubles

Patience. Patience. Cool It. Do not lose it. Do not go beserk. This is what I have to tell myself each time my girl wets the bed. And yet........ I go beserk most of the time. I can't help it! There's just too much cleaning up to do. Lets see. Theres....
  • my girl who needs to be washed up
  • her clothing
  • the duvet
  • the duvet cover
  • the bedsheet
  • the mattress protector
  • another thicker mattress something (dunno what its called) from ikea
  • and the actual mattress itself

All soaked through! How not to go beserk??!!

I try to put some protector underneath the bedsheet but somehow she always misses it.

I'm yet to take her off the diaper at night hoping that she will clear the naptime hurdle before I do. Hubby says thats being inconsistent and I should do it all at once but I just cannot imagine getting up in the middle of the night to clean all of the above. Earlier on, I tried taking her off the daytime nap diaper before but she wet the bed consistently everyday and so I put her back on the diaper. I did that twice I think. Off diaper then on again.

Later on when she stayed dry for a while then I started again. Still there are accidents, even when I take her to pee just before napping and if I'm beside her I would remind her to stop herself as soon as she awakens. The only trouble is sometimes she pees while she is still asleep, its what wakes her up and by that time its too late. Everything is soaked.

I read that bedwetting is common for children till around age 5. Thats a consolation to read. I was beggining to feel like such a failure, like maybe I've been handling it all wrong and I really don't want to make her feel bad because I know its not her fault when she can't control it. I guess theres no other way accept to bear with it for a while longer and try, try, try not to get so upset over it.

Popular Posts