KidoCode

Computer Coding and Math Courses For Kids

Lorna Whiston

Lorna Whiston Taman Tun

Lorna Whiston

School Holiday Storytelling and Activities For Kids May June 2017

Tuesday, May 09, 2006



Mother's Day Poem

Whats it like to be a mother? I never knew until I became one! This Sunday, May 14th 2006 is Mother's Day. I'm not usually online during the weekends so I'm posting this early. Just wanted to share this poem I wrote for myself (hehe) and for all the mother's who read my blog.

Happy Mother's Day to you all! On mother's day let us celebrate being a mom. On that day let us all go and take a look at our children, spend time with them, listen to them, hug them, kiss them and just love them. And that to me is the best way to celebrate Mother's Day. Much, much better than having a day off (though we long for it!), being treated at a restaurant or getting a gift. Our children are our best gift of all. What better way to celebrate mother's day than just being with them.



Being A Mother
Author: mumsgather

I feel a love so fierce and strong
For my little ones whom I adore
Sometimes I worry about doing wrong
In areas I've been carefree before

I scold, I pamper and I teach
Sometimes I even nag and I preach
All for the hope of guiding my child
So they won't turn wild

I am never too tired nor weary
When my child is sick and teary
Somehow I always find the strength
To carry on and on in length

My babies mummy loves you so much
You are my sunshine and my rainbow
How I love to feel your little touch
Just looking at you makes me glow

You've made me who I am and more
I've learned so much from having you
You've changed me to the very core
Just having you I became strong and grew

Thank you my children my precious gem
On this and every mother's day
As you remind me of how blessed I am
That heaven brought you my way


26 comments:

  1. Good poem, MG! Thanks for sharing!
    Happy Mother's day to u too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a nice poem. Happy Mother's Day to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is as nice and as touching like the dumbo song.

    Happy Mother's Day to you MG, and all the mothers :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice and touching poem..

    Happy Mother's Day to you, MG..your children are indeed blessed to have you as their mum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poem says it all, thanks and happy mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a selfless mother you are.. MG..! your children are indeed blessed..! Happy Mother's day to you ..!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice poem. Thanks.. and Happy Mother's to you :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful poem! Happy Mother's Day to you! Aren't you glad we are mothers?? *clap, clap, clap*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy mother's Day to you.
    Will be a nice weekend cause Friday also holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Normally Mother's Day is a poem or tribute to mothers. This poem is like tribute to children! Nevertheless as always, you really can write nice poems. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So touching.
    Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a nice poem.. aah.. you are good with all these yeah??

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there you mumsies and a young man who dropped by. Thanks for your comments. Here's a toast to all of us yah? (*raise green tea glass*)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's really a nice poem. You are really good at writing poems. Have you consider publish all your poems in a book? Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice poem... Reminds me of my mom. Thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  16. immomsdaughter,
    Cheers!

    khongfamily,
    Too few to publish lah. Hehehe.

    socarissa,
    Don't forget to show your mum appreciation on Mum's Day then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Mother's day to you too!
    Your kids are lucky to have such loving mother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice...... Happy Mother's Day to you...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow you are good with Poem, ever thought of publishing it. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, couple of days didn't read your blog and you've written so much. Happy Mommy's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. allyfeel, baby smooches,
    Same to you!

    michelle,
    Wait ah, I compile more first. Hehe.

    vien,
    Oops! Really? I'm long-winded thats why!

    ReplyDelete
  22. im looking for a poem from a baby/child to a mummy for mother's day..does anyone know one?? please email me becc078@yahoo.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really nice poem. Though I am a daughter I can understand whatever my Mom has done for us. So I dedicate this Mother's Day to all moms in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice to read poems on your blog and the information is very good. I visited this mothers day gifting site, it has very unique gifts for mother.

    http://mothersday.indiangiftsportal.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...