When you're a SAHM, living on one income, with no money of your own..... (this does not apply to those who have money but rather to average income earners who need to save for their children's future)
- you look at that lovely pair of earrings costing around RM80 but can't/don't buy it and dream about it for months afterwards
- you want to eat out for a change because you're so tired of feeding the kids and yourself the same meal in the house day in and day out but eating out is sooooo expensive, you feel guilty no matter how much you want to and so you eat in and grumble. The only way you're going to taste new food is if you were hardworking enough to make it yourself but then you don't have the time to because you're always busy with the kids
- you carry the same old boring black handbag/shoe (to match with everything or anything that you wear) and pass on all the colourful, exciting handbags you can only ogle at (besides why would you need to change handbags so often when you hardly go out anyway?)
- you lose 15 pounds with sheer hardwork of dieting and exercise and want to reward yourself with a lovely outfit for your new smaller frame but..... "no money no talk"
- you buy cheap make-up because a branded lipstick costs the same or even more than your whole set of make-up with brushes included!
Oh and this is the ultimate. Hear this. Hear this. Nothing related to this post about expenses but you know you have truly evolved into a SAHM when you wear your best and put on make-up to go to the pasar malam because you're so tired of seeing your own tired, worn out face wearing old t-shirts and oversized shorts at home that even a trip to the pasar malam becomes an outing/event! Somebody help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok. Time to get back to work as a SAHM. (*strutting off in my old t-shirt and oversized shorts*). Hope I haven't discouraged any working moms who has been thinking of quitting to look after the kids. Hahaha!