Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Setting up Craft Time for Children - Homemade Card

Now that the kids are older (aged 5 & 7), I find that its really easy to set up Craft Time for them. We keep a hoard of craft supplies in our "Craft Cupboard" at home. We have coloured paper, ribbons, pens, glues, paints etc, some of which are recycled items. Old Cards, Hampers etc are good for recycling craft items.

During the previous school holidays, I folded two hard white cardboard paper as a base to make a card, then I cut up some shapes using some coloured paper (You can ask your child to cut up the shapes themselves if they are old enough). I put them into two separate plastic folders (for each of the kids) and told them to design a Father's Day Card with the following instructions:


  1. Your card must have the words "Happy Father's Day" on it.
  2. Draw a picture of Daddy and You.
  3. Use the coloured shapes to paste and decorate your card.

Then I provided them with coloured pens, glitter pens, pencils and glue. Its really easy to set up this craft time. You don't have to send your child to expensive art classes or lessons for them to exercise some creativity.



This was our craft supplies for our Father's Day Card making project



This is the front of my girl's card.



This is the inside of her card. She has drawn our family portrait. :)



This is the front of another card she designed for me for my birthday.

Popular Posts