Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Year End Kindy Concert

It is that time of the year when the kids are busy preparing for their year end kindergarten concert. The boy asks me to stay to watch him every morning. Some days, I stay to watch them rehearse. He is so happy when I do that. He will be delivering a short speech, so every evening we have speech practise at home just for the fun of it. Daddy is the speech coach. :)

I must not forget to bring in his uniform nicely pressed and labeled. Somedays I forget. Quite often I forget to dress him up in his gym clothes on gym days. Bad mummy!

This morning the little girl who cries every morning came up to me for a hug as soon as her mum dropped her off. I don't think she realised I was not a teacher or she didn't care. She just wanted comforting. She came close to me so I put my arms around her shoulders as we sat side by side and she mumbled something about mummy..... something something as the tears dripped down  her cheeks. Her mum was getting into the car so I asked her to wave which she did with wet eyes. I asked her where her elder sister was and she said she was at home, sick. Poor little sweetheart.

Poor mum too. Mum has to work but most days I see her trying to leave with two girls crying at the top of their voices and clinging on desperately to her legs. The elder one cries just as hard as the little one.

Many parents are bringing in little shoes and outfits for fittings (for those who are doing some solo singing). The rest will have costumes supplied by the school. Yes, it is that time of the year, the time for year end concerts. Just one more year for us and then we will have no more kids in the kindy. I feel kind of nostalgic already.

Popular Posts