Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Explaining Earthquakes and Tsunami to Kids

Yesterday the little one asked "Mummy, what is an earthquake?"

The older one said. "I know. I know. Teacher showed it to us at school. Teacher showed us a video of the Japan Earthquake. We all said Wuaaah Wuaaaah!" her mouth and eyes opened wide in amazement.

I had to find out what they heard, what they learned, what they saw and what they understood. Then I tried to fill in the gaps and explain it to them in the most simple terms without frightening them too much for the images and videos are scary.

I found some videos on YouTube to explain to them about a tsunami. I wanted to find videos and explanations on what is an earthquake and a tsunami but I could not find those. What I found was videos on what to do in case of an earthquake or a tsunami. However the videos are simple enough for young kids to understand. Here they are...


Tsunami Video 1


Tsunami Video 2


Earthquake Video

Popular Posts