Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Visual Search Engine Tool For Educators, Teachers, Parents And Students

Yesterday I was blogging about some great visual mapping tools for students. However, this visual search tool deserves special mention. I am totally in love with this search tool. The description of this app as given in iTunes is as follows:

"Visualize the mindmap of English Wikipedia: make sense of every topic, in no time flat."

Indeed it is that and more. Let's have a look at it step by step.

Step 1: Go to LearnDiscovery and download the app from the app store link provided in the website.

Step 2: Open up the app and you will find a simple search tool as follows. Don't be fooled by its simplicity and clean looks. You are in for a nice surprise.




















Step 3: Type in your search term. I have typed in the term "Energy" and this is a list of suggested links I got. You can try with any other search term you like.


Step 4: Click on the link that best represents what you want to search for. I clicked on "Energy" and got a visual mind map of my search results.


Step 5: Now I can either double tap on any of these visuals to get more information or single tap to search deeper. I decided to tap on the "Kinetic Energy" visual and I received another mind map connected to the first. Nice!






Step 6: You can keep on doing this or if you are satisfied that you have found what you are looking for, you can double tap on it for more information. I decided to double tap the visual "Kinetic Energy" and this time I got more information in the form of text with information on the topic or video.


Step 7: If video is what you want, then click on "Video". That's what I did and I got the following. A list of videos on the subject is shown. Lovely!


A wonderful search tool for students, teachers and parents. I have a feeling I will be using this a lot from now on.

Previous post: Thinking Maps And Mind Maps For Helping Kids To Make School Notes

Popular Posts