Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Friday, January 14, 2005

The Grabber and The Independant

Baby, 9 months has turned into "The Grabber". Nothing is spared. Anything that appears within his line of vision and within his reach is grabbed. Favourite targets are food, nose, hair, keyboard, toys, specs (sorry, mixed up. Specs is toddlers favourite target. She has broken her daddy's specs twice already) Anything that he grabs is studied with such intensity of gaze as he turns it around and around in his little fingers, he is sooooo funny to watch, my little grabber.

Toddler, 2 1/2 years is now Ms Independant. "I want to eat". "I want to wear." are her current favourite terms. This should make me jump with joy right, now that I am freed of the task of feeding and dressing her. Wrong! Ms Independant takes more than an hour to finish a meal and oh my gawd... the mess, the mess she leaves behind!! Food on hair, face, clothes, table, floor, everywhere! "Stay calm, MG. Stay calm, MG. Look the other way. Let her be. Its just a stage she has to go through, a development milestone." The consolation is at least now that Ms Independant wants to feed herself, she has become a little, just a little bit more adventurous with food. Before this she was Ms Picky who lived on yoghurt and scrambled eggs. My toddler is growing up, away from me to be her own little person now. Boo Hoo Hoo.

MG must enjoy every stage of her little darlings' development. They grow up so fast!!!

Popular Posts