Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Monday, July 11, 2005

"Butter Fingers!"

"Butter Fingers!" shouted the Physical Education (PE) teacher as I tried to reach for the ball and it slipped through my hands yet again during a netball game in primary school. I felt so embarrassed. Ok, so I was not good at the game but she didn't have to shout at me like that did she! (*grumble grumble*).

Another time, this time in Secondary school, another fierce PE teacher forced us to run non stop until I almost fainted. Bah! I hate PE teachers. Not sure why but I've had two during my school days which were so fierce, I can still remember their hateful faces till today. Hahaha. Other teachers fade into obvilion or I cannot remember most of them now accept the fierce ones.

I hate sports. I hate school sports day. I hate atheletics. I hate high jump, long jump, hurdles, running etc etc. I'm always among 1-3 places in running (from the bottom of course!) I'm a "tai siew jie" you see. Wonder if toddler will become like me. Hmm.... Already she's showing some signs of being a "tai siew jie" like mummy. Must expose her to more games and stuff. I'm good at a lot of things but not sports. Ok, not all sports. I'm reasonably good at swimming but only in one style ie breaststroke. (Can't quite seem to get the front crawl right till today.) In fact I have a bronze medal somewhere from an inter-primary school competition. But thats it.

In school, I hated sports but I enjoyed being in the choir. I enjoyed art classes, sewing classes and cooking classes. And I enjoyed writing essays cos I always got 1st or 2nd in my essay writing. Hehehe. What did you hate or enjoy in school? Do you remember?

Popular Posts